On March 1, I’m hosting an event for drink and food writers. — the first spoken-word event dedicated to celebrating what we drink!
If you’ll be in the New York area, I hope you’ll come out to Jimmy’s No. 43 to enjoy an artisanal ale, and hear some amazing writers read from their work about beverages. In addition to the outstanding beer and wines available at Jimmy’s, we’ll also have some exclusive imbibe-able surprises on hand!
Here are all the details on where, when, and most important, WHO is reading. You can also find writer profiles and more on the Drink.Think site.
Date & Time: Tuesday, March 1, 2011. Come by at 6:30 for a drink – the reading starts at 7pm.
Location: Jimmy’s No. 43 – 43 E 7th St., at 2nd Ave., NY, NY
Admission: FREE! (but do buy a drink or two at the bar & show your love for Jimmy’s)
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Annia Ciezadlo, author, Day of Honey: A Memoir of Food, Love, and War
- Andrew Gottlieb, author, Drink, Play, F@#k
- Nora Maynard, cocktails and spirits columnist for Apartment Therapy Media’s The Kitchn
- Lisa McLaughlin, editor, Food Republic
- Anne Mendelson, culinary historian and author of Milk
- Dania Rajendra, writer and culinary student
- Robert Simonson, spirits and cocktail writer for The New York Times
- WR Tish, wine writer and humorist
- Jason Wilson, Washington Post spirits columnist and author of Boozehound
- Dave Wondrich, author of Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl
Books will be available for purchase and signing.