On Wednesday, October 19, I’m hosting an event for drink and food writers. — the first spoken-word event dedicated to celebrating what we drink!
If you’ll be in the New York area, I hope you’ll come out to Lolita Bar to enjoy a cocktail, and hear some amazing writers read from their work about beverages. Here are all the details on where, when, and most important, WHO is reading. You can also find writer profiles and more on the Drink.Think site.
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 19, 2011. Come by at 6:30 for a drink – the reading starts at 7pm.
Location: Lolita Bar – 266 Broome Street at Allen St., NY, NY
Admission: FREE admission, but drinks are on you, buddy.
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Gary Allen, food writer/editor & Adjunct Professor, Empire State College
- Sydney Beveridge, writer, editor & radio producer
- Warren Bobrow, food/spirits writer & rum judge
- Mike DeSimone and Jeff Jenssen, aka “the World Wine Guys”
- Johanna Gohmann, writer and personal essayist
- David Farley, travel writer and author, An Irreverent Curiosity
- Brad Thomas Parsons, author, Bitters: A Spirited History of a Classic Cure-All, with Cocktails, Recipes, and Formulas
- Diana Pittet, cheesemonger and food/beverage writer
- Julie Sheehan, author, Bar Book: Poems & Otherwise
- Liza Weisstuch, travel and drinks writer; American Correspondent, Whisky Magazine
Books will be available for purchase and signing.