After a one-year hiatus, I’m delighted to announce that Drink.Think is back!
If you’ll be in the New York area on Tuesday, Oct. 16, I hope you’ll come out to Casa Mezcal to enjoy a drink and hear an amazing group of writers read from their work about beverages.
In addition, Montelobos Mezcal will be pouring samples of their new mezcal. The product comes to market this month, so you can be among the first to try it. (The regular full bar also will be available.)
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 16, 2012. The bar will be open starting at 6pm – the reading starts at 7pm.
Location: Obra Negra, below Casa Mezcal – 86 Orchard Street, NY, NY
Admission: FREE admission and samples of Montelobos Mezcal. Books will be available for purchase and signing; full cash bar available.
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Jenny Adams, cocktail/spirits writer for Imbibe Magazine
- Alia Akkam, drinks writer and editor
- Jennifer Fiedler, Associate Editor, Wine Spectator Magazine
- Caren Osten Gerszberg and Leah Odze Epstein, editors of Drinking Diaries anthology & blog
- Michael Neff, bartender/co-owner of Ward III/Rum House, and writer at Serious Eats
- Peter Joseph, author, Boozy Brunch
- Rosie Schaap, Drink columnist, New York Times Magazine and author, Drinking With Men
- Laura Weiss, author, Ice Cream: A Global History
I hope to see you at Casa Mezcal on Oct. 16 – come thirsty!